Re : [TeXmacs] Maxima and Texmacs

  • From: JC Bustamante <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re : [TeXmacs] Maxima and Texmacs
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:28:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

Sorry if the question seems stupid or if some of you think it's already answered in the mailing list... but:

$ /usr/lib/texmacs/TeXmacs/bin/maxima_detect
gives ("5.13.0 gcl")
I have texmacs 1.0.6.11 on Ubuntu 8.04
Running maxima or WXmaxima is Ok. When I try to insert a session inside TeXmacs I got
    -e ed Unsupported version of maxima: 5.13.0

I know there are newer versions of maxima but I don't know how to install them from sourceforge (I'm certainly wrong but the files there are intended to centoos users...)
I also know I just have to edit some maxima_detect or tm_maxima file, or replace them by something magic that will fix my problem, but since my understanding of that kind of matters is really small, I simply can't guess what is the line I have to modify...

Hope someone can help.

regards,

JCB