Re: [TeXmacs] Header bug?

  • From: "chu-ching huang" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Header bug?
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:03:48 +0800

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:32:37 +0200, Marten Bauer wrote
> Hallo Joris,
>
> I&#39;m currently using TeXmacs 1.0.6.11. I also created a dummy
> texmacs document to show the problem. I attached the document and
> two pictures to this post.
>
> In the image "wrong_header1.png" you can see "LIST OF FIGURES" as
> header of even pages. I expect to see soemthing like "Chapter 1" instead
> of "LIST OF FIGURES". On odd pages you can see the right header "Chapter1".
>
> I also tried to compile Texmacs 1.0.6.15 and the cvs version on my
> "Ubuntu Hardy Heron". But I&#39;m getting always a linker error:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXext
>
> "ldconfig -v|grep Xext" shows me that libXext is installed.
> libXext.so.6 -> libXext.so.6.4.0

Try to enter the dir where libXert is and set a link as follows:

shell> ln -s libXert.so.6.4 libXert.so

compile it again.

cch
> 2008/8/16 Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
> Hi Marten,
>
> On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 09:40:28PM +0200, Marten Bauer wrote:
> > I&#39;m writing a long document (about 200 pages) with TeXmacs in book
> > style.
> > After I have inserted the toc and list of figures on every even page
> > header I can read &#39;LIST OF FIGURES&#39; and not the correct section
> > name.
> >
> > I searched the archive and found an older post called "Header and footer
> > missing initialization bug" from David Allouche. He describes to insert
> > &#39;<apply|odd-page-text|><apply|even-page-text|>&#39; before the
> > document
> > starts. I tried it, but it changes nothing.
> >
> > Can someone give me a hint how I can solve the problem?
>
> I just created a dummy book with various chapters, sections and
> figures, a table of contents, and a list of figures (CVS version of
> TeXmacs). I failed to reproduce the bug. Maybe it will disappear if
> you switch to the latest version of TeXmacs?

You can try [Print] -> [Preview by ...] and [Update] again or several times.
Sometimes it works. (I don't why.)

best regards,
cch