[TeXmacs] possibly-equal symbol?

  • From: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] possibly-equal symbol?
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 08:34:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Hc-host: Message scanned by SMTP2, Networking & Systems, Haverford College, Haverford, PA 19041 [v011]
  • Hc-mailscanner: Found to be clean

In think I've seen mathematicians use a "possibly-equal" symbol,
specifically an = with a ? above it, to abbreviate a question like
"does x = y + z" as "x =? y + z" (where =? has the ? above the = in
the desired non-ascii rendering).

Is it possible to get this in texmacs? I guess I could use a tiny
table inside math mode and put a ? in the top row and an = in the
bottom. Is there anything more elegant?

I did a search for for "possibly-equal", but didn't hit anything.
Apologies if this is in the documentation but I missed it.

Dave W