Re: [TeXmacs] insert field above/below don't work

  • From: Michael Lachmann <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] insert field above/below don't work
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 12:22:55 +0200

2009/6/14 Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>:

>> 2. It seems that an empty line is not sent to the plugin. Is this on
>> purpose?
>
> Yes, this is rather used for quickly inserting some whitespace in sessions.

I think it is a bit inconsistent, because you see the plugin prompt,
press enter, and get the prompt again. The simplest assumption is that
the new prompt was generated after interaction with the program that
the plugin is connected to.
Some interaction doesn't work so well because of that - for example
working with the R debugger. The debugger states that at the prompt
you can press:
'c' (or just return) exit the browser and continue execution at
the next statement.
c will work, but just return wont.

Same is in interaction with the demo function in R. The prompt is:
"Hit <Return> to see the next plot:"
But return will not work.
Here one can overcome the problem by using "space return" instead of
just return, but it isn't the intuitive interaction.

Michael