Re: [TeXmacs] compatiable issue of latex output file

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] compatiable issue of latex output file
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 10:07:34 +0200

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 03:13:11PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> thanks for your reply. however, your response make me more confused. If you
> quote Elsevier is the mainstream of academic house, so the latex output from
> texmacs should be compatible with them.

I am confused myself. You tell me that Elsevier did not accept
a converted TeXmacs paper. What do you mean by this?
It now seems that you just meant to say that there was some kind of bug
when you tried to run LaTeX on a converted file. Please be precise.

I never heard about Elsevier refusing submissions of papers written using
TeXmacs.
It sometimes does occur that papers get converter incorrectly.
In that case, I also need more precisions. Best is to attach the file
which did not convert well, or part of it, or send it to me in private.

Please understand that I have no time to reply to approximate messages.

--Joris

> We can not force them to make them
> to be compatible with Texmacs. Being a core developer, I would like to have
> your comment on how to remove some incompatible tex code from Texmacs output
> to make it workable with Elsevier. That will be very helpful.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Jack
>
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Joris van der Hoeven
> <address@hidden>wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 11:25:16AM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> > > I got a compatiable issue with my submission to www.elsevier.com europe
> > > recently. All latex file which was exported by Texmacs can not been
> > accepted
> > > by www.elsevier.com system. Does anybody have the similar experience?
> > > I would like to have some solution suggestion by texmacs users.
> >
> > Can you expand a bit more on the problem?
> >
> > Anyway, I suggest that you complain to Elsevier and
> > to managing editors of the journal of not accepting TeXmacs papers
> > or papers converted from TeXmacs. When they will get a sufficient
> > number of complaints, then maybe they will do something.
> > I do not consider it to be normal that they impose any formats;
> > *they* claim to be "professional" typesetters, right?
> >
> > Best wishes, --Joris

  • Re: [TeXmacs] compatiable issue of latex output file, Joris van der Hoeven, 09/01/2009