Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs input to maxima is incorrectly converted

  • From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>
  • To: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs input to maxima is incorrectly converted
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 20:11:34 +0700 (NOVST)

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
Could someone please fix
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=7684 .
The original version of the bug report is at

It was reported back in 2004 against version 1.0.3 .

I recently tried 1.0.7.2 and the

S-F5 I _ a right ^ b right EXPR * d tab tab x

is getting converted to

tmint(a,b,EXPR*,x
Could you please read the documentation:
http://arxiv.org/html/cs/0504039v1

1. You *have to* enable
Edit -> Preferences -> Keyboard -> Automatically close brackets
The integral sign (S-F5 I) is a kind of "left bracket", which should be automatically closed by the invisible "right bracket". It signals the end of the integrand. You can see it if you do
Document -> View -> Edit source tree
as
<big|.>
It is translated to the ordinary ) when sent to maxima. From the absence of this ) in your case it seems you don't have this invisible closing bracket. By the way, if you don't want to do bracket auto-closing, you can insert this sign by hand:
\ b i g tab . enter

2. You *must not* write * between EXPR and the differential sign, just a space.

If you do these two things right, your input is converted to
tmint(a,b,EXPR,x)
and tmint is defined in texmacs-maxima-5.11.0.lisp

I have just checked this with TeXmacs-1.0.7.2. Everything works.

Andrey