[TeXmacs] Extension of the graphics mode for math teachers.

  • From: Corcelle <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Extension of the graphics mode for math teachers.
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:30:47 +0200

Hello,

I started to write an extension for the graphics mode which could be useful for math teachers.
This plugin adds a menu "Figures". In this menu, different entries display commands on the footer where you just have to replace parameters if necessary.

For example, the entry :
Figure->Triangles->Triangle ABC connaissant AB BC et CA

gives in the footer :
(make-fig-triangle ’(5 4 3) ’("A" "B" "C") " cm" "lengths" "double" "simple")

at this point you only need to change (if need) :
- ’(5 4 3) : the lengths of the sides of the triangle,
- ’("A" "B" "C") : the labels of the summits (they can be empty)
- " cm" : the string added to the labels of the sides (it can be empty),
- "lengths" : if you want the lengths of the sides ("none" else)
- "double" : type of mark on the sides if they have the same length (it can be empty, "simple", "triple")
- "simple" : type of mark on the angles if they have the same measure (it can be empty, "simple", "triple", "circle")

and Entry or Esc.

Remarks :
- On the footer, additional help can be displayed with "up-arrow" or "down-arrow".
- In a few commands you'll have to give position of the points using complex numbers as : 5 ; -6.2 ; 3-2i ; -5.5i ; +8i (don't forget the +)
- For easier use, select :
Edit -> Preferences -> Interactive questions -> On the footer
(instead of "In popup windows")

This menu and the commands are in french. If someone is interested I could give an english version as well.

Let me know if something goes wrong.

Have a good day.

Emmanuël

The plugin figures.zip can be found here : http://corcelle.wordpress.com/

For developers :

Tell me if you know a way to to use a few af this commands more interactively.
For example, select "Bissector" clic on 3 points and have the result on the screen instead of having to manually change the list of affixes ot this 3 points on the footer. The possibilities could be enormous (at least).
Thank you.

  • [TeXmacs] Extension of the graphics mode for math teachers., Corcelle, 09/22/2009