Re: [TeXmacs] enumerations, indetation

  • From: Enrique Perez-Terron <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] enumerations, indetation
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:44:43 +0200

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 07:40 +0200, El.douwen wrote:
> hi Folks
>
> i often use enumeration and subenumerations
[snip]
> i would like to reduce the indentation of the sublists
> i mean i would like this
> 1 f(x)=...
> a Write the proof of...
> b etc.
> instead of this
> 1 f(x)=...
> a Write the proof of...
> b etc.

Make sure the directory ~/.TeXmacs/packages/standard exists, creating
the missing ones.

Copy the file /usr/share/TeXmacs/packages/standard/std-list.ts to
~/.TeXmacs/packages/standard

(The path may not start with /usr/share, if you are not using Linux.
Search your computer for a folder called TeXmacs. "~/.TeXmacs" refers to
a hidden subfolder of your "home" folder". You will have to translate
these concepts to whatever is appropriate for your system.)

Then open your private copy of std-list.ts in TeXmacs. (It may take some
time if it has to compile many fonts. It renders quite differently from
ordinary text and you may not have used its fonts before.)

Find the place that says:

<assign|render-list|
<macro|body|
<padded-normal|0.5fn|0.5fn|
<indent-left|3fn|

Change the part "3fn" to "1fn". Save. Open your document. Is it better?

But if you share TeXmacs documents in native format with others, it will
display with wide margins in other's computers. I think there is a way
of embedding the redefinition of "render-list" in you document, so that
it takes effect wherever the document is sent.

-Enrique