Re: [TeXmacs] session on a remote host

  • From: Michael Lachmann <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] session on a remote host
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:32:25 +0100

Yes, you are right. Automating everything would be somewhat difficult to do, especially in cases of more complicated set-ups.

But I think there should be a way to allow the user to run a session remotely if they want.

It is possible now, by setting the environment variable TEXACS_CMD to some command that runs R remotely before starting texmacs, and then run an R session. But that is really a hack. There must be a middle ground, where you can ask texmacs to do things remotely, trusting you that you installed everything necessary...

Michael