Re: [TeXmacs] Ghastly use of locate

  • From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Ghastly use of locate
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 23:35:07 +0700 (NOVST)

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, Sam Liddicott wrote:
Now texmacs is pleased to run "locate /arial.ttf" on a regular basis which
takes about 20 seconds.
Why does it take so long?? Do you have PC XT? On my veeery slooooooow eeepc it returns immediately (finding nothing, admittedly). Do you regularly run updatedb via cron? (I use fcron; if the laptop was switched off at night when updatedb should have been run, fcron runs it after I switch it on the next day).

Andrey