Re: [TeXmacs] Click-able links in PDF and misc

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Click-able links in PDF and misc
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 19:21:19 +0100

Hi,

  I can help you with this one:

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 16:39, Eshat Cakar <address@hidden> wrote:
 * When adding a number to a formula by pressing A-#, what is the right way
  to mention that number later in the text? Is a simple number in brackets
  typed by hand the way to go?

Nope, it's not: if you add more equations before some you already numbered, then your numbering will change. So, you'll want to add a label to the equation (use your shortcut or type \label + ENTER + nameofyourlabel+ENTER), preferably right at the end of it. Then you can reference it from elsewhere in the document using \reference+ENTER+nameofthelabel (or using a shortcut, or typing \ref+TAB+ENTER+nameofthelabel+ENTER). You can edit labels and references by simply pressing pressing once the backspace key when your cursor lies right after them.

You can (will) use labels to reference anything in your document. If you want to label theorems, propositions, etc., then add the label right after the "Theorem XX.".

Regards,
________________
Miguel de  Benito.

Hi all,

I am using texmacs for years now to write whole mathematical lectures
on-the-fly. Thanks for this great application.
I just compiled version 1.0.7.8 and think that it became even better.
I still have some basic questions, though:

 * How can Links (like page-numbers in Table of Contents) become click-able
  in the exported PDF? It works nice in texmacs, but this function is get
  lost after export.

Best regards

--
eshat cakar <address@hidden>