[TeXmacs] Preview in Mac OS X

  • From: Javier Arántegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Preview in Mac OS X
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 19:45:29 +0100

Hi!

First of all I want to thank the developers the great job they are doing
porting TeXmacs to QT.

Second, by default (at least in my installation) TeXmacs/QT uses ghostview to
preview documents (File -> Print -> Preview with ghostview). This is quite
standard in Linux, but it's not the best option in Macs. It would be much
better option to use the Preview.app. To do it, it's quite easy. Go to Edit
-> Preferences -> Printer -> Preview command -> Other... and put in the
dialog box:

/Applications/Preview.app/Contents/MacOS/Preview

(Assuming that Preview.app is in /Applications, usually it is)

After that the preview will use Preview.app.

Probably it could be a good default choice for the Mac version.

Best wishes,

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
http://www.tecal.udl.es