[TeXmacs] TexMacs plugin

  • From: Oscar Gerardo Lazo Arjona <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden, address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] TexMacs plugin
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 08:45:16 -0600

Hello!

I've been using TexMacs for some time now, but I have been frustrated by not being able to use Sage from it.

I've downloaded and installed the sage plugin in http://wiki.sagemath.org/TeXmacs, but I can't see the Sage option in the sessions menu.

Sage is installed in ~/sage/sage-4.6 which is in my PATH.

In a recent post elsewhere, Jason Grout suggested that it might be necessary to have sage installed locally. I'm not very sure what he meant by that, but if it means that sage has to be installed in a distribution-specific way (such as through a .deb in ubuntu) that would make the plugin entirely unusable with modern-age versions of Sage.

Please help!

Oscar