Re: [TeXmacs] concret fonts and french language

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] concret fonts and french language
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 09:31:06 +0200

On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 06:36:45PM +0200, marc lalaude-labayle wrote:
> while using concret font in texts, i found that i cannot write é or à in
> title. These symbols appear without any problem within the document. The
> same problem appears on ubuntu 10.04 official package and on the last stable
> version1.0.7.11.

Yes, this is known problem.

> I asked a few days ago a question about some other tex fonts (actuallay
> cursiv font) wich did appear in ancient version and don't appear anymore.
> How could i do to get this font back ?

As a general rule, support for old TeX fonts will diminish: TeX fonts are
such a mess that it is hard to gauarantee installation independent behaviour.
It would be better if we had pdf equivalents for all fonts that we want to
support.

We still attempt to detect TeX fonts at standard locations, but we don't
try as hard as we did before (in particular, we do not use 'locate' any
longer).
You may try to 'locate frc10' and send me the result; I will add a line in
'init_heuristic_tex_paths' in 'tex_init.cpp', if necessary.

Best, --Joris