[TeXmacs] File association and compiled texmacs-qt in ubuntu oneiric ocelot

  • From: "Adrian S." <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] File association and compiled texmacs-qt in ubuntu oneiric ocelot
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 03:12:58 -0600

I just installed ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot, and I noticed that the
MIME associations for TeXmacs (.tm and .ts) were not done. Neither
Unity nor Gnome allow to give custom names in the "open with" dialog.
The solution is to copy the file

TeXmacs/misc/mime/texmacs.desktop

into the directory

/usr/share/applications

That way TeXmacs appears in the list of availabla applications and
thus can be chosen in the "open with" dialog.

I hope this is useful to someone; it took me a while to find out.

Peaace.
-Adrian

  • [TeXmacs] File association and compiled texmacs-qt in ubuntu oneiric ocelot, Adrian S., 10/17/2011