Re: [TeXmacs] Inline Matplotlib figures

  • From: "chu-ching huang" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Inline Matplotlib figures
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 08:25:19 +0800

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 16:34:13 +0100, Fran癟ois Beaubert wrote
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to have inline matplotlib (python) figures like the
> ones we can have with Asymptote, Gnuplot, etc plugins ? I know
> there is the Sage plugin but I don&#39;t want to install this huge
> package and prefer to use only scipy, numpy and matplotlib.
>
> Do you also think it could be useful to embed ipython sessions in
> Texmacs ?
>
> Thanks
> Fran蔞is

python TeXmacs-plugin avails the function "ps_out()" to print out inline eps
picture; you can make inline picture as follows:

----------------------------------
import pylab

"""
making picture
"""

pylab.savefig('demo.eps')
ps_out('demo.eps')

Here, you can find more examples about using Python within TeXmacs in the
article, 20081115.pdf:

http://diffusion.cgu.edu.tw/ftp/TeXmacs/demo

Best wishes,

cch