[TeXmacs] Font arialbd 9pt at 600 dpi could not be loaded

  • From: Sam Liddicott <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Font arialbd 9pt at 600 dpi could not be loaded
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 09:11:51 +0100

On a fresh Mint-13 installation I find that Arial bold can no longer be displayed in texmacs, although italic can.

This text shows only 2 X's

<with|font|ms-arial|X<with|font-series|bold|X>X>

The console emits: Font arialbd 9pt at 600 dpi could not be loaded

These files exist:
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/arial.ttf -> Arial.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/ariali.ttf -> Arial_Italic.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/arialbi.ttf -> Arial_Bold_Italic.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/arialbd.ttf -> Arial_Bold.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/Arial_Bold.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/Arial_Black.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/Arial_Bold_Italic.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/Arial.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/Arial_Italic.ttf

Libre office is able to display arial bold

The file /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/Arial_Bold.ttf views fine in mate-font-viewer.

Anyone know where I can get information on WHY the font could not be loaded.

Also, why it did not fall back to the current font as texmacs does when no mappings exist to be used. The text should not disappear.

Sam