RE: [TeXmacs] inline plots

  • From: "Bill Eaton" <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: RE: [TeXmacs] inline plots
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 08:14:27 -0700

I think the size of the inline figures is controlled by the Postcript. You
would probably have to scale them with another utility if you're not
generating the Postscript yourself.

If it's a plot you're generating, you might be able to control the size
yourself. I typically use matplotlib, and there is a figsize option. The
minimal example below makes a 3x2 inch (WxH) figure:
import matplotlib
matplotlib.use('ps')
from pylab import *
fig = figure(figsize=(3,2))
ax=fig.add_subplot(111)
ax.plot([1,2,3])
ax.set_title('inline demo')
savefig('demo.eps')
ps_out('demo.eps')
Honestly, I'm not even 100% sure this is even a minimal example. By my
lights, it's a lot of lines of code. And another confession: I'm haven't
checked if the finished picture prints at 3x2 inches. But it looks to be
close.

--Bill Eaton