[TeXmacs] general purpose tags + their manipulation

  • From: Peeter Tinits <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] general purpose tags + their manipulation
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:42:14 +0300

Dear TeXmacs list users,

I was not sure, whether anyone has noticed my question, but I am looking for beginner's help.

1) Specifically I am looking for a way to create/use neutral tags within the system. Such as you could
remark a particular sentence or two within a text as 'Important' in a way that you can now do for
'Emphasize'. However in this case you may specify a wider variety of styles.
These tags could be later used within TeXmacs or by some other programme.

2) Then I am looking for a way to edit the formatting of a particular tag within the interface via mouse
button or keyboard shortcut, such as it is used with switch and fold items at the moment.
- The easiest case could be to make 'Important' parts of the text 'Hidden' or 'Unhidden' on command.

I understand that the code may have constraints in it to make it difficult, for example if you add a folded
text body as the value of a custom variable such as:

<\assign|mytag>
  <\folded-std>
    head text
  <|folded-std>
    folded contents
  </folded-std>
</assign>

It allows you to unfold it once on each calling of the text, however you can not fold it back. When you use
a switch in a similar context it seems unable to change it at all.

This of course is probably not the best way to do this, so I am just testing the boundaries. But if anyone
could give some guidelines as to which way to look or if there are tutorials I should look at, I would be grateful.

Many thanks,
Peeter