[TeXmacs] Can't read the footer on my big LCD

  • From: Eli <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Can't read the footer on my big LCD
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 16:02:21 -0400

I am using TeXmacs 1.0.7.19 with Windows 7 Pro x64, fully up to date, on a computer I built for myself, with 8 GB of RAM. I use a Dell Ultrasharp U2711 monitor, at resolution 2560×1440. I have instructed Windows to display text and other items at 125% of their ‘‘natural'' size, and I have instructed TeXmacs to zoom 141%. I can display two pages side-by-side, an awesome convenience.

Sadly, the font size used in the status bar (footer) of the TeXmacs window is so small on my big monitor, that I can barely read it. I have to look very carefully. Messages from TeXmacs simply do not get my attention. The numerals in the footer are about 2mm high.

The same criticism applies to the focus toolbar, where the text is significantly smaller. Deep into the squint zone.

On the bright side, the text in the menu bar is around 3.5mm high. Why isn't the text in all three places the same size? (or almost the same size?)

When I connect a 1024×768 monitor to the same video card (setting Windows to 100% and TeXmacs to 100% zoom), the text in the status bar is almost the same size as the menu bar labels, but the text in the focus toolbar is still much too small.

I consider this a bug that impedes my use of TeXmacs. My eyesight was never very good, and it is much worse if I have been at the computer, or reading books, for hours on end; which, basically, is my life style.

Please tell me how to work around it, if youse do not intend to correct the user interface.

--
——Eli

  • [TeXmacs] Can't read the footer on my big LCD, Eli, 06/30/2013