Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs and Guile-2.0

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: François Poulain <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs and Guile-2.0
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 15:58:23 +0200

Hi François,
great to see some work on this side. I started to port to Guile 2.0 some
time ago, first by changing the C++ side to make it compile with Guile-2.
This was done. I stopped when I realized that there should have been deep
changes in the Scheme side to accomodate the Compile/Run 2 phases of
interpretation of Guile-2 and all the module system which is incompatible
with this approach. I wanted to modify the TeXmacs module system to be
compatible with the 2 phases but my proficiency in scheme is not enough. In
many points there are assumptions about code being run while interpreting the
sources and this would have to be modified in Guile-2 since this code is not
run but kept there until execution which then imply that further compilation
will happen in the wrong environment.

I'm interested in following the developements and also there were another
person (Mike Gran) how was similarly interested.

Let us move the discussion to texmacs-dev.

best
max