Re: [TeXmacs] Slow switching to TeXmacs (memory use?)

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Slow switching to TeXmacs (memory use?)
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 14:20:52 +0200

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Michael Lachmann <address@hidden> wrote:
Both in my version, and in the version that Max provided, moving a cursor within a session slowly increases
memory use.

Wow, this is serious. I verified it in my machine.

Do this:
Open TeXmacs, and open a session (say, shell).
Inside the shell session do 'ls'. Then wait a bit till teXmacs's memory use stabilises.
Then move up and down the session input with the cursor. (i.e. hit the cursor up/down key a couple of times)

On my machine memory slowly creeps up.

I tried with a scheme session with two lines. Moving *once* up/down would increase memory usage by ~200KB !!

--
Miguel de  Benito.

--
Miguel de  Benito.

Both in my version, and in the version that Max provided, moving a cursor within a session slowly increases
memory use.

Do this:
Open TeXmacs, and open a session (say, shell).
Inside the shell session do 'ls'. Then wait a bit till teXmacs's memory use stabilises.
Then move up and down the session input with the cursor. (i.e. hit the cursor up/down key a couple of times)

On my machine memory slowly creeps up.

So, maybe what happens is that I have very old processes of TeXmacs running, with which I interacted a lot, and for those memory use is already very big.

Michael

  • Re: [TeXmacs] Slow switching to TeXmacs (memory use?), Miguel de Benito Delgado, 10/19/2013