[TeXmacs] Problem running TeXmacs (part 2)

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Problem running TeXmacs (part 2)
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 15:37:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

i still have a big problem trying to run TeXmacs (version 1.99.1 under windows xp).

After my first message, i've noticed that there is a new version : 1.99.2.

So, i have unistalled TeXmacs (again). I have run CCleaner to complete this (cleaning register, etc). Then, I have searched for every file or folder with name "texmacs" to delete it. I guess that my computer was free of everything from Texmacs. Then, i ran the 1.99.2 installer.

No problem during the installation.

But, the problem is still here... With a difference : when i run TeXmacs, there is nothing, not even the error message. Sometimes a little window (title : "T..."), but it disappears in less than a second.

Is there some file hidden somewhere ?

Is it something like a missing DLL ?

I feel that there is something wrong in my register... But i dont know how it works...

Everything was fine until this day (in april) : i was exporting a tm file to pdf... And the error message appeared.

I found somethnig related to my new situation here :

Here is a part of the message :
<<
On two machines running Windows XP I have had the following problem:
I download the Qt TeXmacs installer and run it, without obvious problems;
I run TeXmacs; texmacs.exe runs for perhaps half a second and then exits
without visibly doing anything; it does this consistently if I try to run it again.

Thank you for reading me,

Richard Gomez

  • [TeXmacs] Problem running TeXmacs (part 2), richardetdave, 07/31/2014