Re: [TeXmacs] Writing a seminar paper in philosophy with Texmacs

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Writing a seminar paper in philosophy with Texmacs
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 22:44:54 +0200

Hi Georg,

 (ein Augsburger! Du findest mich im mathe Gebäude, L-2020)

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 3:03 AM, Georg Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
The style requirements are quite different, since this branch of the University is a quite Microsoft Word polluted place.

Yuk!

There also exist no LaTeX Templates i could give you for comparison, just a tutorial how to set the style sheets in Word.
I want to ask you:

  * Are the following requirements are fullfilable using Texmacs.

Definitely.

I've looked on the official documentation, the style sheet language seems turing complete.

XDD

1. A own title package, with the following formatting: http://www.philso.uni-augsburg.de/de/institute/philosophie/studium/skriptum-ewa-philosophie/3_seminararbeit-form/
   (at 34% of the page, in "Beispiel 2")

tl;dr, no time now, sorry.

2. Interline seperation of 1.5 Z
    (I found a corresponding Option in Document->Paragraph->Spacing, but how does this behave to microsoft word "notation".
     It's default is 0.025fns, so does .0375fns  correspond to 1.5 Z in Word ? )

You need to look in the docs for "texmacs lengths", in particular read about "base line skip", i.e. "bls".

3. Citations in another Text size than the rest of the Text.

No problem with that: while in the <\cite> tag click on the small wrench in the toolbar to edit the macro. You'll have to experiment a bit, but you basically only need to select whatever is there and enclose it in (e.g.) a <tiny> tag or whatever. (cut & paste)

4. A Table of Contents and a bibliography

This works out of the box. You'll want to use bibtex, or you'll waste hours of precious time with idiotic formating.

The only point I'm really worried about is the own Title page with all the non standard fields, the rest seems solvable.

Indeed, sorry I don't have time now. We can discuss it over a coffee, though.

I've read a lot about the Texmacs environment variables is there a way to set them from within a running Texmacs for a certain environment ?

Meaning?

You can set any variable with <\assign|variable|value>, but I guess you already knew this...

Best,
--
Miguel de  Benito.