[TeXmacs] How to turn off syntax highlighting, or fix a weird problem I'm having with it

  • From: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] How to turn off syntax highlighting, or fix a weird problem I'm having with it
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 17:08:51 -0400

Hi TeXmacs folks ---

I'm using some rather arcane macros to import Python and Scala and C code into a family of TeXmacs documents, and the coloring is coming out all strange (see screen capture below, with a TeXmacs 1.0.7.18 window on the left and PDF preview on the right, in which all text from a "<" to a space seems to be red (?)).

I don't have a strong preference for (or against) syntax highlighting in printed documents, so if there is an easy way to just turn it off, I'd probably just do that rather than spend time trying to debug things to the point of fixing the root problem. However, after some searching in the "Help" menu, and searching online for mailing list archives about this, I'm not seeing a way to turn it off.  Any suggestions?  We'll probably upgrade from Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04 in the next week or three, so possibly the new TeXmacs that comes along with with do the trick.

Thanks,
  Dave Wonnacott

PNG image

  • [TeXmacs] How to turn off syntax highlighting, or fix a weird problem I'm having with it, David G. Wonnacott, 08/19/2015