Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs crashing in OS X 10.10.5

  • From: Philippe Joyez <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs crashing in OS X 10.10.5
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 07:17:58 +0000 (UTC)

> What did work was that I created a new user in my macbook, downloaded
there, and things seem to fine there ( at least it has not crashed as I open
a file or two). I guess I need to do a "clean install" in my user account,
but I guess I don't know how to uninstall the entire TeXmacs I have
beforehand.

If Miguel's tip is not enough, you can also simply wipe your personal
settings texmacs settings folder (~/.TeXmacs). It happened to me already
that it had become corrupted (in particular the "system/interactive.scm"
file) and in that case reinstalling the program itself would not even solve
that. Of course backup any valuable file or settings you may have set there!

> Some background: I am collaborating on writing a multiple chapter book,
and the other author uses a windows pc. I've noticed that some things are
not formatting correctly across platforms ( like wide tables, some curly
braces.. \box, etc). I don't know if this is related or not.

IMHO it's highly unprobable it's related to the above issue.
Anyway the rendering should be the same, unless

-you use non-default fonts (fonts not provided by texmacs) that are local to
your respective systems,
-or you have version numbers that differ (too much) on the two machines. In
that case, it might resolve by upgrading.

If neither of these is true, please file a bug report with a short file that
displays the issue so that we can have a chance to look at it.

Philippe