Re: [TeXmacs] A temporary way to fix problem with sage plugin

  • From: Peter Rapčan <address@hidden>
  • To: Karl Hegbloom <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Jiezhe Wang <address@hidden>, texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] A temporary way to fix problem with sage plugin
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 23:12:33 +0200

Karl, I understand that. Let me explain better:

On OS X, with TeXmacs installed in the standard Applications folder, in the file /Applications/TeXmacs.app/Contents/Resources/share/TeXmacs/plugins/sage/progs/init-sage.scm  there is a line (:launch "sage -python `which tm_sage`") , which is passed to python with the “which tm_sage" command unevaluated. In the shell that OS X uses by defaut, the "which” command is working normally.

Therefore, as a temporary fix, Jienzhe suggested (see below) to replace the `which tm_sage` part with the actual tm_sage file location. On my system, I have to put the following: (:launch "sage -python /Applications/TeXmacs.app/Contents/Resources/share/TeXmacs/plugins/sage/bin/tm_sage”).
With that the plugin works. [Sorry for claiming there was no tm_sage on my system, it was in fact present at the above location].

So, to have a proper fix, the question is how to make the  `which tm_sage` part work, or, in general, how to make the sage plugin correctly recognize what it needs to recognize.

In fact, I don’t understand how TeXmacs knows that sage is present on my system in the first place, since the sage executable is not in my PATH locations (nevertheless TeXmacs correctly added a Sage session entry to the sessions menu, once I installed sage).

Cheers,
Peter.