Re: [TeXmacs] How to select a cyrillic langage for a portion of text

  • From: Fabrice Arband <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How to select a cyrillic langage for a portion of text
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 12:13:25 +0100

Hello, Massimiliano.

I'm using Windows right now, I haven't yet reinstalled a linux
distribution on my new home PC. Beside, I also use TeXmacs on my work
PC which is Windows-powered.

If I select a portion of text to be bulgarian, I can successfully
paste bulgarian text. But if I want to type some bulgarian by myself,
I can't. I go to the proper text section with bulgarian and I go to
the TeXmacs menu Edit / Preferences / Keyboard / Cyrillic input method
and then choose one. The keybord input method is indeed changed, but
to an unknown input method. For instance if I press the "AZERTYUIOP"
keys (I'm on a french keyboard) I get àçåðòûóèîï (for yawerty input
method). For Jcuken I get ôßóêåíãøùç. And for Koi8-r anc Cp1251 I get
azertyuiop. So the input method modification change effectively the
TeXmacs input method, but I do not get cyrillic characters.

Fabrice

fabrice

> One possible solution depends on the system you are working in.Usually is
> the OS which take care of input methods and TeXmacs should follow by
> inserting in the text the unicode characters it receives. Which system are
> you using?
>
>> On 23 Mar 2017, at 23:30, Fabrice Arband <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Philippe,
>>
>> Thanks a lot for the tips, I was able to paste some text from a
>> bulgarian website, and it worked as you suggested!
>>
>> Do you know if TeXmacs has still its own input method if I'm working
>> on a keyboard without Bulgarian? A few years ago I gave TeXmacs a try
>> for doing what I'm trying to do now, and I remember I could type in
>> Bulgarian with TeXmacs's own input method for Cyrillic, as I do now
>> with Emacs. I'm asking this because I might use it also on my work PC
>> where I don't have Bulgarian keybord driver. If it doesn't I still
>> have the workaround to use emacs to type and then to do copy-paste.
>>
>> Thanks a lot again!
>> Fabrice

>>> Hi Fabrice,
>>>
>>> That fairly easy. Select the text you what to apply the new language to,
>>> then
>>> Insert->Language->Bulgarian. Then for typing Cyrillic, I guess you select