Re: [TeXmacs] copy paste from/to textedit or word

  • From: "Philippe Joyez" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] copy paste from/to textedit or word
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 21:01:08 +0200

>1) when i copy paste the word "étoile" from texmacs to textedit or word, i
get étoile

Obviously Texmacs is placing utf-8 encoded text on the cilpboard and textedit/
word misinterpret it as another encoding (which is strange because I though
MacOS had standardized to utf-8 long ago). Does it happen if you paste in any
other text editors as well?

>but 2)
>- when i copy paste the word "étoile" from word for mac version 2011 (14.5.2)
to texmacs, >texmacs (1.99.4) keeps the turning colored circle of mac os X
during a long time and displays ><error|bad image|null box>

have you tried all the "paste from ..." possibilities?

Sorry I can't help furher: I Do not have access to a Mac.

Philippe