Re: [TeXmacs] Rép : crash after renaming

  • From: "Philippe Joyez" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden,address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Rép : crash after renaming
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 21:27:58 +0200

Sorry I cannot reproduce your problems neither on linux nor on Windows... I do
not have access to a mac.

For me the files you provide in your last message are bit for bit identical
(except for the name, of course) and both open fine. Your videos are a bit
hard to understand because you perform dozens of manipulations without any
comments about what you want to demonstrate each time; The only thing I notice
is that when you encounter the error, texmacs complains in its footer about a
non-existing file, and the filepath is NOT what it should be (it's even in
different folder!!). This is a key information that should have been observed
and reported... Can you figure what is the command line texmacs is invoked
with when the errors occurs (try running "ps axuwww | grep texmacs" in a
terminal)? If it contains the bad path, then it is not a Texmacs bug.
Also, double-clicking in the finder is not the only way to open a file: What
happens if you try using the "open..." dialog from within texmacs?
Finally I suggested opening the files with a plain text editor... Have you
tried renaming with .txt extension to check if the files open correctly in
whatever the default plain text editor is on Mac?

Since I cannot reproduce it (at least with your filenames), are you sure
Coline faces the *same* problem on windows?

Philippe