Re: [TeXmacs] How can I use Guile 2.0 ?

  • From: Michael Shea <address@hidden>
  • To: philippe joyez <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden, texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How can I use Guile 2.0 ?
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 22:26:05 -0600

Regarding distribution neutral installation method for TeXmacs, since I use Anaconda to install Python and Jupyter etc. on Ubuntu and Windows,  perhaps the conda cross platform package manager could be used, with the package(s) posted on conda-forge.

On Sep 7, 2017 5:03 AM, "Philippe Joyez" <address@hidden> wrote:
>I think that TeXmacs would benefit from using a distro-independent
>packaging and distribution framework like:

>http://appimage.org/

>http://flatpak.org/

>https://snapcraft.io/

>What do you think?

Yeah, these look attractive at first sight. However, since these apps run
"sandboxed", I'm afraid they would break all TeXmacs plugins... Maybe someone
should volunteer to explore creating such packages and see how it fares.

Philippe

  • Re: [TeXmacs] How can I use Guile 2.0 ?, Michael Shea, 12/31/2017