[TeXmacs] texmacs does not start anymore.

  • From: A Abbes <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] texmacs does not start anymore.
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 14:23:28 +0100

Hello,

  I am using texmacs with windows 10.

  For an unexplained reasin, texmacs stoped starting, about 1 year ago, without any reason. The message was "qt texmacs stopped". I re-installed and re-booted several times, but without success

I could then use it only  with cygwin.  That after several months, I tried a new install and it worked.

  Now 3 weeks ago, I had    a similar problem, when if I started texmacs, nothing happened at all. I tried to de-install and re-install it several times, but with no success. I choosed to reinstall windows. Then after a full re-install of both windows and temacs, (it disapered during the windows install process), it worked well.

  But after around 1 week, the problem occured  again, after a sudden stop of the computer (battery problem) : texmacs does not start, without complaining.

And now,  I do not want to re-install windows (it takes some time). I suspect a file to be broken, but I do not know wich one. The de-installation process seems to have been done in a clean way : I also mad a check in the registry base manualy to see if everything had been removed.

  I tried several versions of texmacs since 1.99.5

Any Idea to solve this problem?

best,

Alexandre Abbes

  • [TeXmacs] texmacs does not start anymore., A Abbes, 02/19/2018