Re: [TeXmacs] display of page numbering for first pages of each chapter

  • From: Vincent Douce Mathoscope <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] display of page numbering for first pages of each chapter
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 21:33:11 +0100

i finally made the job without having a good comprehension of how it works :
in "document/page/headers" i put the header to :
* [name of each chapter entered manually] -tab- [number of the page] for odd
pages
* [number of the page] -tab- [name of each chapter entered manually] for even
pages
i did not work for the first page of each chapter
so for the first page of each chapter i went to "format/page/headers"
it was written "unchanged", i guess it means that the formatting of this page
follow (is unchanged compared to) the formatting indicated in
"document/page/headers"
there, i changed "header" to -tab- [number of the page] and "footer" to
nothing
i dont understand why :
* when i close this "format/page/header" window and instntanily reopen it,
what i intered has disappearead, it is written "unchanger" again
* thought, it works
* if, at the moment of the click on "format/page", the cursor was at the top
of the page, my modification has no effect ; if the cursor was somewhere in
the "middle" of the page, it works...

> Le 19 févr. 2018 à 09:07, Vincent Douce Mathoscope <address@hidden> a écrit
> :
>
> hi all
> i have still a cuple of points for my book before the editor takes it in
> charge
> on of these points is :
> i am in a "book" style
> i have asked texmacs to put the number of the pages at the top of each page
> you can see that page 2 or page 3
> but
> <Numeros.tm>
> 1) how to avoid an automatic numbering of page that is displayed at the
> bottom page 1 (the editor would like it to be on the top)
> 2) when io open "document/page..." or "format/page..." i dont see where my
> setting is written ???
>
> thanks for your help
>
> Vincent

Vincent Douce