Re: [TeXmacs] How about a Discourse for GNU TeXmacs?

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How about a Discourse for GNU TeXmacs?
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 10:42:42 +0200

Am 19.05.2019 um 17:37 schrieb Darcy Shen:
Compared to mail list, Discourse is much more accessible for users.

I just setup a Discourse forum for GNU TeXmacs with MathJax support:

http://forum.texmacs.cn/

To setup such a forum, I only spent about 4 hours.

Personally, I encourage GNU TeXmacs users to try the forum and give to feedbacks.
If it is a great place to discuss, I do think we should set up a official one.

Could be a good idea but I would still insist on the StackExchange website. It has made good progress; the progress slowed down in the last two weeks but with a bit of advertising can pick up again IMHO. I have published a tweet (https://twitter.com/pireddag/status/1130390138377445376) and I think it can help if you retweet it.

At any rate the Discourse can be used (as far as I saw it costs some money, not a crazy amount, but if it is so it is up to the developers to figure out if they want to use it).

Giovanni