[TeXmacs] Jupyter plugin

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Jupyter plugin
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 13:25:41 +0200

Dear all,
I’m working on a Jupyter plugin for TeXmacs, this will allow to leverage the
work of the large Jupyter community (www.jupyter.org) and have feature rich
interactive sessions with Python, R, Scala, Haskell, Julia, etc… without the
need to maintain each separate plugins ourselves. My initial attempt is here:

https://github.com/mgubi/tm_jupyter

It is still not ready for production, but it works if you know how to install
it (I will not tell you, so that only experienced users can complain :))

For the moment I will not integrate it in TeXmacs codebade, but I accept
contributions on the git repo. Many things are missing: images, history,
completions, specification of the kernel to use,…

But all those features seems feasible and the idea would be at least to
match the behavior of Jupyter’s own notebooks, so that TeXmacs can be an
alternative frontend for the Jupyter ecosystem.

Best
Massimiliano

  • [TeXmacs] Jupyter plugin, Massimiliano Gubinelli, 06/16/2019