Re: [TeXmacs] How do you undo changes made via the "Document" menu?

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: Amir Michail <address@hidden>
  • Cc: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How do you undo changes made via the "Document" menu?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 07:58:13 +0200

Hi,

> On 19. Jun 2019, at 14:46, Amir Michail <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> If there is no easy way to undo changes made via the “Document” menu, then
> I think there should be.
>
> It should just work as part of the standard undo/redo system.

I assume you mean wrt. Save operations, however it does not seems so simple
to implement (print and export operation are intrinsically undoable…).
What should it mean? Do you have in mind something specific?

Maybe we can preserve the last few saved version of the document with
different names (but this will pollute your directories). Should TeXmacs
cancel them when it exists? something of this kind have to be implemented
otherwise we will leave garbage all over around.

Saving is also one of those moment where usually programs clean the internal
undo history, keeping it around for long could be space-consuming.

Best regards,
Max