Re: [TeXmacs] Rename TeXmacs to "Typesetica"?

  • From: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Rename TeXmacs to "Typesetica"?
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 13:31:43 +0200

I like the name texmacs... If one changes it it's no more texmacs...

Le 30/06/2019 à 13:06, Alvaro Tejero Cantero a écrit :
Hi Amir,

it's not the first time that a name change is discussed. In the recent Hacker News thread about TeXmacs 1.99.10 there was, as it often happens, quite some confusion about what TeXmacs is and how much emacs and (La)TeX there is in it.

So far the name proposals put forward haven't stuck. But I actually like 'Typesetica' very much.

We could find also a variant that keeps the file extension - e.g. Typesemica (typesetting + semanting editing). In past discussions this was an important aspect to some.

The real question is what would take for a new name to be accepted by Joris, or if this is even an option at all.

If a name change was possible, then the upcoming version with QT5, Guile 3 and other goodies might be an excellent timing for it.

Kind regards,

Álvaro.