Wikipedia page on TeXmacs

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Wikipedia page on TeXmacs
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 12:39:17 +0200

Dear all,

I have edited the Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_TeXmacs.

I have updated a few data (Joris gave me suggestions) an added a section on the TeXmacs format (on my initiative). For this last thing, I tried to give readers the idea that one can have complete control on a TeXmacs document, as it may be important for some users. This is just a feeling, I cannot demonstrate that there are many users for which this is so.

I copied the text with minimal edits from the TeXmacs documentation. I think it needs to be expanded a bit in order to give an impression of what the user can do, and I will try to do it myself, but I do not feel that I have the  grasp of the system necessary to write a good concise description, so further editing from people with more experience should result in a much better text.