Re: Need help to number equations (despite instructions)

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: Mirko Vukovic <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Need help to number equations (despite instructions)
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 19:33:23 +0200

Hi Mirko,
Unfortunately shortcuts are tricky. I’m not sure there is a definite
solution to this. The reason is that on some keyboards # is a normal key, so
cltr+# make sense, while on other keyboards is a composed keycode made, e.g.
by shift+3. Then there is an ambiguity when typing ctrl+shift+3: is has to be
interpreded literally (as the composition of two modifiers and the key 3) or
as the composition of ctrl+(shift+3)?

This applies to other key combitations also.

As for me I always use the mouse to click the numbering equation command in
the focus bar, is relatively fast and anyway I have to put the label if I
want to use the number, so this will require even more typing.

But you can redefine the key-combination in your .TeXmacs file, of course.

HTH,
Best
Max