Plotting functions with TeXmacs graphics

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Plotting functions with TeXmacs graphics
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 00:49:07 +0100

(copying from a message that I just posted on the forum at http://forum.texmacs.cn/)

I have written a small set of Scheme files to plot functions using the graphics of TeXmacs. I put it at https://github.com/pireddag/plotFun, with short instructions on how to use it.

The code can be improved a lot and it is not well-documented (I am starting already to forget what I wrote in there); for example the plot parameters (at the moment they are the function and the range) could be supplied with a file rather than as parameters of the macro; and of course writing the function to be plotted in standard notation would also be nice, but I do not have time for this immediately.

I would appreciate, though, if someone tries it and tells me whether it works on their computer.
A thing that I would like to improve is the placement of the tick labels: I think that to place them right I should know how long each typeset string is, but I do not know how to get this information and to pass it onto the Scheme code. I would appreciate suggestions on this too.

Giovanni