Re: Ctrl+F4 is wrongly mapped in Windows

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Ctrl+F4 is wrongly mapped in Windows
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 12:35:27 +0200

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your three bug reports. Note however that it
would be better to submit bug reports to our bug tracker:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=texmacs

This allows us to discuss technical details in private and
follow the status of any progress that we make.

In exceptional cases, it may be interesting to report bugs
on the TeXmacs users mailing list, e.g. if feedback from
other users is needed towards understanding a problem.

Let me now reply to your three messages:

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 09:17:13AM +0300, Андрей Самойлов wrote:
> Ctrl+F4 closes all documents (displayed in the Go menu), while Windows
> convention of Ctrl+F4 is to close only current document.

It could be that you are not using the default look-and-feel or
an older version of TeXmacs. We recently updated the implementation
of these shortcuts to make them comply to the standards.
Please also check that the shortcut is not preempted by Windows.

> When I open texmacs by specifying a document (e.g. texmacs
> harmonization.tm), the default document No name [1] is also opened,
> however not required to.

Same answer; we recently worked on this and I cannot reproduce
the bug for the moment. We will try on a Windows machine soon.

> When position in document is before doc-data, pressing Ctrl+F opens the
> search panel, but input focus is not set to the search box. As a result,
> typing search phrase is routed to the document text, not the search phrase.

That is annoying indeed. I did do something about this problem as well,
but my solution is fragile, so we will test under Windows to see what
happens and what we can do.

Please file bug reports on Savannah if the problems persist
in the next release of TeXmacs.

Best wishes, --Joris