Re: TeXmacs: notes on slides

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: Frank <address@hidden>
  • Cc: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs: notes on slides
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 09:23:38 +0100

Dear Frank,

I'm not an expert in this, but I think the "TeXmacs-way" would be to have
first a markup with two slots, one for the slide and one for the comment, and
then render it either as a table with two cells or as the left slot, whether
you want the comments or not.

This can be decided by some variable, or you can look at how other similar
things are done like exam questions and other foldable things, or also the
way TeXmacs implements the comparison between two documents (i.e. by having a
markup which contains both the old and new version of a fragment and
providing functionality to show either of them, or both, etc..)

Also you can use scheme to get the comment of the current slide and show it
in a separate dialog window, or in a separate document, so that you can have
one window projected for the audience and the other only available on the
presenter screen.

It could also be possible that instead of trying to emulate what beamer does
one can find a better interactive solution using the integration between
document and presentation which TeXmacs allows.

Best,
Max