Re: Prevent menu items from being translated

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Prevent menu items from being translated
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 21:36:35 +0100

Hi Giovanni,

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 06:43:07PM +0100, Giovanni Piredda wrote:
> in the enum widget I wrote
> (http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/how-can-i-see-list-of-labels/335/76, and
> I posted it here too) items are translated in the language when I
> choose for the interface. My guess is that this due to the fact that
> menu items are translated (so the title of this post).
>
> I would like that the items in the widget are not translated (as
> they are labels). Is it possible?

This is really a post for texmacs-dev.
Please use the appropriate mailing list in order to
avoid unnecessary traffic.

In order to prevent GUI textual items (typically menu items)
from being translated, you should encapsulate them inside
a 'verbatim' tag; see (tm-menu (buffer-list-menu ...) ...)
in file-menu.scm.

Best wishes, --Joris