Re: preview-ref

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: preview-ref
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 20:07:53 +0000

I know what causes the behaviour now, although I do not understand either the format or how to fix it without replacing the figure.

The figures originated from an imported LaTeX file. In these figures, there is a newline before the image tag. For example:

<\big-figure>
  <\with|par-mode|center>
    \ <image|water_layer_reflectivity|.8par|||>
  </with>

  \;
</big-figure|Reflection off a water layer on top of
silver<label|fig:water_layer_silver_reflectivity>>

Under these conditions, preview-ref attempts to show the image---but does not succeed (hence the "question mark" icon). It feels like a bug either in the LaTeX importer or in preview-ref.

Giovanni