Re: opened docs travelling from window to window

  • From: vincent douce <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: opened docs travelling from window to window
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 22:05:15 +0100

thanks Giovanni
i've endly understood why i have asked this question, althought my
preferences were still as you say

open a document by double clic
re-open it by double clic
you have now 2 different windows containing the same file

as i manipulate always 4-5 .tm documents in the same time, i had by error
reopened a still-opened doc and had the impression that the rule 1 doc <-> 1
file was not respected any longer... therefore the question…

now, 1 suggestion and 1 question/demande

suggestion : i believe it would be convenient for new users that reopening a
still opened doc dont open a new window, but instead put the window of the
still opened doc at the front

question/demand : is TeXmacs configured by default on 1 doc/1 window or not ?
if the answer is no, i would beinterested in finding a code (for
my-init-texmacs) for putting the preferences to 1 doc/1 windows, so that if
in a next future i can share TeXmacs with colleagues, and share
my-init-texmacs with them, they have easily a usual behaviour (most new users
are used 1doc/1window)

have a nice evening !

Vincent