Re: TeXmacs: how to input ((t)) properly?

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs: how to input ((t)) properly?
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 16:23:00 +0100

Hi Giovanni & Frank & all,

The double square bracket corresponds to a special extensible glyph,
which is supported by TeXmacs, contrary to the double parenthesis.
But you can obtain any desirable spacing by inserting a bit of
negative space between the two pairs of brackets.
(See also section 7.5 of "The Jolly Writer".)

This solution has the disadvantage though that the most adequate
amount of negative space depends on the size of the parenthesis,
so this hack cannot easily be implemented through a macro.
Note that it would also depend on the font,
so it is kind of a problem anyway to "invent"
this kind of double parentheses.

Best wishes, --Joris