Re: missing definition of \tmdoctitle in LaTeX export

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: missing definition of \tmdoctitle in LaTeX export
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 16:27:52 +0100

Dear Zoltán,

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 01:15:24PM +0100, Kovács Zoltán wrote:
> I downloaded the latest version for Windows (tomorrow I will present
> TeXmacs for my prospective teacher students in the course "Word processors
> for mathematics"). I like it very much,

I am happy that the software pleases you. And of course
we are interested in feedback from you and your students!

> but I found a strange issue.
> When I export the document "Getting started with TeXmacs" as LaTeX, I get a
> simple .tex file that uses the article class, and the definition of
> \tmdoctitle is missing (so I get an error on compiling the .tex file). Is
> this an issue, or am I missing something?
> Thanks for any hints in advance.

Thanks for bringing this problem to our attention.
Of course, this is not the kind of document that one "usually"
wishes to export to LaTeX (one typically would just read or
print out the documentation). It is written using the special
tmdoc style with TeXmacs-specific markup for the TeXmacs documentation.

But it is also true that it is natural to use these documents
as examples for experiments such as exporting to LaTeX...
So I will think about how to fix this problem.

Best wishes, --Joris