Re: A new Mathematica plugin

  • From: Hammer Hu <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: A new Mathematica plugin
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 13:18:54 +0800

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedbacks, I post here a unified reply to your questions and
advices.

Ibrahima Fall:
> Waiting for a new release of texmacs.

This plugin is quite immature at present and is hosted in my personal github
account. It will not be shipped with texmacs release, thus you will clone the
repo in order to use it.

Peter Rapčan:
> Note that there is no realpath command on macos (one can add grealpath
> via fink or brew, thought requiring such install is not exactly “out of the
> box”/user-friendly).

Thanks. I replaced realpath with readlink and link check in `build.sh`

Peter Rapčan:
> How (to what) should I set the WOLFRAM_PATH variable?

Simply `WOLFRAM_PATH=/path/to/wolframproduct ./build.sh`. The build script
for
macOS is indeed unimplemented previously. I just fill in some flags by guess.
Now it get fixed.

Peter Rapčan:
> (How) Can one use both main branch and wolframscript on one machine?

Yes. TeXmacs use the dirname in ~plugins~ to mark the name of a plugin. To
use
two branches simultaneously, you need to hold
one copy of files and manually rename it. Say you will name it ~myplugin~,
confirm:
1. dirname in ~$HOME/.TeXmacs/plugins~ to be ~myplugin~ (mma by default)
2. filename in ~$HOME/.TeXmacs/plugins/myplugin/progs~ to be
init-myplugin.scm
(init-mma.scm by default)
3. names of functions in ~init-myplugin.scm~ (look into the code and you will
figure out what to do)

Alexandre Danescu:
> TeXmacs works but there is no "Mathematica" name in the "Insert/Session"
> section. Opening of the tm file provided as an exemple gives two error
> messages like this one
>and looks like this :

I forgot to change the style package. Now it get fixed. Thanks to you and
Giovanni.

Alexandre Danescu:
> but the plugin does not seems to be recognized :

On Windows once you add the dir to environment variable PATH, texmacs will
correctly recognize this plugin after it
read PATH.

For OSX and Linux the ~PATH~ texmacs get to know is a bit tricky. On Linux
the
login-shell init file, say =$HOME/.zprofile=
(if you use zsh) is perhaps respected. You can add one line =export
PATH=$PATH:/path/to/wolframscript= to your ~.zprofile~.
On OSX texmacs is aware of the existence of ~.zprofile~ if you start it from
terminal, while not if you run texmacs from
spotlight search. One workaround is to link ~/usr/local/bin/wolframscript~ to
~/path/to/wolframscript~, the former is always in ~PATH~.

Sincerely,
Hammer Hu

  • Re: A new Mathematica plugin, Hammer Hu, 02/01/2022