Cannot type apostrophe

  • From: Jon Sterling <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Cannot type apostrophe
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 12:47:34 +0200

Dear TeXmacs user list,

I am experimenting with using TeXmacs to prepare some lecture notes and it's
really cool so far! I have one little problem that I hope you can help me
with. When I am using a font other than the default (such as Linux
Libertine), I notice that the rendering of apostrophes is as tick marks [']
rather than a proper apostrophe [’]. For example, here is an example of a
piece of text I cannot get to look write when I type it in:

In the spirit of Halmos’ book,

If I enter that into TeXmacs using the apostrophe key, it is rendered as a
straight tick mark. I am on the macOS platform, and so I also tried using the
system-wide keyboard shortcut to insert an actual curly apostrophe
(alt-shift-]) and this had the same effect.

Can you provide some advice for how I should enter apostrophes into TeXmacs?

Thank you very much,
Jon

  • Cannot type apostrophe, Jon Sterling, 04/30/2022