Use-package vs style in preamble makes Texmacs very slow

  • From: Gennady Uraltsev <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Use-package vs style in preamble makes Texmacs very slow
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 20:11:33 -0400

This is a follow-up email to the forum post:

TITLE: Use-package vs style in preamble makes Texmacs very slow

I am attaching two test cases .tm files that illustrate the problem I described there. Just in case, below is a copy of the post.

Best,

Gennady

TITLE: Use-package vs style in preamble makes Texmacs very slow

I do not completely understand the difference between specifying additional packages for a TeXmacs document in the <style> directive vs using the <use-package> macro. They are both mentioned in the documentation, but it seems that it is suggested to use <use-package> inside style files. Is this correct? In any case. Putting <use-package> macros into the preamble causes TeXmacs to become very slow (at least on my windows machine). I actually do not know how I ended up with a file with multiple <use-package> macros in the preamble. However one might want to warn in the manual here

TeXmacs style files (FSF GNU project)

that the <use-package> macro should NOT be used in actual files.

I would like to attach two example .tm files with descriptive names. One is normal while the other one slows texmacs down to a crawl. However the forum is forbidding me from doing so.

  • Use-package vs style in preamble makes Texmacs very slow, Gennady Uraltsev, 05/28/2022